The Jim Shepherd Award was introduced in 2004 to recognize the contribution of vendors to the records management industry and to acknowledge their ongoing support of the RMAA. The 2008 winner of the award is:
To ensure our continued understanding of what records management professionals need to develop and utilise their skills and experience to leverage the value of records as corporate assets and as evidence of business activities, Objective participates and supports the activities and events the RMAA and the publication for records management professionals – InfoRMAA Quarterly.
Over the last eight years, Objective has played an active role in the industry with continuous sponsorship and support of the RMAA at both a Branch and National level.
Objective has actively supported a wide range of activities and events in the industry including:
- RMAA International Convention – 2001 through to 2008.
- Active participation in Branch Vendor showcases.
- Local Government Chapter Conferences.
- Christmas party sponsorship at the Branch Level.
- IQ Article of the Year Awards.
- A wide range of Branch Meeting sponsorships.
- Information Awareness Month Sponsorship.
Collecting the award on behalf of Objective was Tony Hughes.