Peter A Smith Scholarship for Records Management Education
The NSW Branch of the Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIM Professionals Australasia) annually presents the Peter A Smith Scholarship for Records Management Education.
The scholarship was established in 2004 to promote the study of records management through formal specialist courses. It is available to successful applicants enrolled in records management courses recognised by the RIM Professionals Australasia.
The scholarship is a once off payment to assist towards study and it is open to anyone who is a member of the NSW Branch of the RIM Professionals Australasia (aged 16 or over) and who is enrolled in tertiary study in the field of records management. The course must be an RIM Professionals Australasia recognised university course, or, a vocational qualification delivered by an accredited Registered Training Organisation.
The scholarship is awarded in 3 categories –
- University level
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma level, and
- Certificate III & IV level.
The judging panel consists of an independent academic and two NSW Branch Councillors.
Funds have been set aside for the scholarship and the final amount awarded to each of the successful applicants will depend upon the number of meritorious applications received in each category.
The full conditions of application and the application form are available below.
Applicants will need to provide the following (see form below):
- A short Personal Statement of approximately 500 words, stating why they wish to study the course in which they are enrolled. Applicants will need to indicate what they hope to achieve by completing the course, their personal motivation for the study and how they think it might contribute to their future plans and career.
- A Curriculum Vitae, including details of any relevant work, voluntary or other experiences, and/or other information about their background which may be relevant
- Proof of enrolment in a recognised university course or an accredited records management vocational qualification.
- The names of two referees.
The closing date for the Peter A Smith Scholarship is 30 April each year – no extensions will be granted. Winners are announced and the scholarships presented as part of the NSW Branch activities for Information Awareness Month in May.
Further information on the scholarship as well as application forms are available below. Additional enquiries may also be directed to:
Mr Rebell Barnes, Chair
Peter A Smith Scholarship Committee
Phone: (02) 9562 1894
The following application form is available for you to download as a word document or a PDF document: