RIM Professionals Australasia membership provides you with the opportunity to develop and maintain technical knowledge of the industry, keep abreast of changes in the industry as well as the opportunity to access to a vast network of contacts in the industry through multiple channels.
Your membership of Records and Information Management Professionals provides you with access to a range of benefits including:
- Branch events – professional development/training and networking – at a heavily discounted rate (minimum of 50% discount)
- Minimum 30% discount for inForum convention registration
- Online library information resources, including the inForum Convention and Seminar papers
- Access to online services – including Yammer and Marketplace
- Online electronic access to articles and back issues of IQ: The RIM Professionals Australasia Quarterly Magazine
- Monthly RIM newsletter, delivered by email and available online
- Online access to recorded training, seminars and sessions held in capital cities
- Availability of professional status – Associate (ARIM), Chartered (MRIM) and Fellow (FRIM)
- Professional Members have the ability to hold a vote at AGM and hold senior positions on Branch and be a Company Director
- Webinars as an alternative form of ongoing training/learning – (new webinars available soon)
- Opportunity to receive peer and industry recognition awards of your skill level and knowledge
- Opportunity to submit online tools, processes and methodology for effective and compliant records management resources for other member
- Mentor Program
|Status||Ex GST||Inc GST
|Individual/Professional with No Status (INS)||AU$331.82+ gst||AU$365.00|
|Student||FREE – 1st Yr
AU$90.91 + gst
|FREE – 1st Yr
|Students can be part or full time and working less than 25 hours per week but are required to submit proof of enrolment|
|Concessional||AU$90.91 + gst||AU$100.00||Retired , New Graduate, Maternity Leave Adverse Circumstances|
Individual with Status (IWS)
|Status||Ex GST||Inc GST
|Associate Member (ARIM)||AU$286.36 + gst||AU$315.00||New members must first join as an individual. Thereafter a separate application must be completed to apply for status upgrade.|
|Chartered Member (MRIM)||AU$286.36 + gst||AU$315.00|
|Fellow (FRIM)||AU$286.36 + gst||AU$315.00|
|Please note: IWS must have individual membership but can also be a corporate nominee.|
|Status||Ex GST||Inc GST
|Category A (1-3 nominees)||AU$445.50 + gst||AU$495|
|Category B (4-5 nominees)||AU$940.50 + gst||AU$1,045|
|Category C (6-9 nominees)||AU$1,350 + gst||AU$1,500|
|Category D (10-20 nominees)||AU$2,160 + gst||AU$2,400|
|Category E (20 plus nominees) Price on application|
|Please note : all rates are in Australian dollars|
Any application for membership should be submitted on the Membership Application and be accompanied by the annual membership subscription.
The RIM Professionals Australasia offers five (5) categories of Membership, these are:
- Concessional: Retired, Maternity Leave, Adverse Circumstances
- Individual with Status: Associate, Chartered Member, Fellow
A person may be admitted as an Individual member who is:
- employed full time in the Records and Information Management field but is not accredited with status.
Individual is an excellent starting point for membership. No post-nominals or voting rights apply at this level of membership.
Individual with Status
This level of membership is achieved through the recognition of an individuals work, skill level and knowledge in the records and information management industry. There are three (3) levels of Individual Membership –
- Associate Member (ARIM),
- Chartered Member (MRIM) and
- Fellow (FRIM).
Individual with status members are the only ones who can vote at the AGM, hold senior positions on Branch Council or be a Director. You receive post-nominals in recognition of your achievement in the industry.
For more details on benefits of each level and how to upgrade see Upgrading Membership
Student membership is available for those people studying a course in a records and information related discipline and also working less than 25 hours per week. Students are offered their first years membership for free on submission of enrolment proof. Each year and thereafter a fee of $100 will be charged. Students are able to attend events at discounted rates. Students often find access to the members only area of particular benefit as it contains many papers and presentations which can be referenced during your course of study.
This is membership category applies to those who have recently retired or have some adverse circumstances to be taken into consideration. Membership on this basis enables you to maintain access with RIMPA.
Corporate membership is available to all organisations involved with or interested in Records and Information Management services sector. Each Corporate Membership specifies nominees who receive membership benefits whilst in the employ of the corporate membership. Membership provides the nominated staff within your organisation the opportunity to develop and maintain their technical knowledge of the industry allows individuals within organisations to keep abreast of changes in the industry and ensure your organisation is compliant with various Acts. Nominees are entitled to receive the offered membership benefits and discounts.
Note: A professional member cannot be a nominee of a corporate membership.