I hope you will find the RIM Professionals Australasia’s Member Charter useful and that it will give you a better understanding of the services and the standards of service you can expect from the RIM Professionals Australasia.
The aim of the RIM Professionals Australasia is:
To enable records management professionals to develop and utilise their skills and experience to leverage the value of records as corporate assets and as evidence of business activities.
To achieve this aim, we will:
- Consult our members to identify and meet their needs by surveys and the like;
- Work in partnership with others;
- Treat everyone equally;
- Promote best practice and innovation;
- Work in an open and accountable way.
In this section, we have;
- Explained how to contact the RIM Professionals Australasia;
- Detailed our members’ rights and responsibilities;
- Stated the standard you can expect from all our services;
- Detailed our complaints procedure;
- Stated how we consult you and keep you informed.
“Our members” is one of the key themes in the RIM Professionals Australasia strategy. We therefore aim:
To ensure that all services and standards meet the identified needs of our members and to review and publish our performance against these standards.
Details of the standards for all our services are available on request.
Your opinion matters to us and we will take every opportunity to improve the quality of our service to you. If you are happy or unhappy with our standards of service, we would like to hear from you.
Chief Executive Officer
RIM Professionals Australasia
How to contact the RIM Professionals Australasia
Through your local Branch / National Director
You may contact your local Branch or National Director about any concerns you may have. They will take up the matter on your behalf with the appropriate person in RIM Professionals Australasia. Call us for details of your local Branch / National Director.
SMS – Text Message
You can send us a text message from your mobile phone.
Send to 0409 250 795 and start the message with RIM Professionals Australasia.
Our promise to you
The RIM Professionals Australasia is committed to providing a high-quality service to our members.
Our commitment to you means that RIM Professionals Australasia staff will:
- Be friendly, helpful, approachable and professional;
- Respond quickly and efficiently to requests for RIM Professionals Australasia services;
- Respond promptly to all inquiries about our services;
- Give you straightforward information about our services;
- Answer telephone calls quickly and help you to use our facilities;
- Consult members regularly and take account of their comments;
- Promote equality and fair treatment;
- Aim to offer you value for money;
- Aim to continuously improve our services for members.
Help us to help you and get involved
We can give you a better service if you:
- Let us have your ideas, comments and suggestions;
- Tell us at once if you are dissatisfied, and give as much information as possible;
- Comply with the Professional Code of Conduct;
- Let us know about services you are satisfied with.
You should expect the following standards from all RIM Professionals Australasia services.
Service for all
We aim to provide services that everyone can use, and will aim that all our services are accessible to every member. We will respect each person’s diversity.
Clear and concise information
We will inform you about our services and how to access them. We will aim to ensure that the information is easy to read and current.
We will make information available, on request, in accessible formats such as large print.
Our service will be polite and welcoming and confidentiality (if required) will be respected. We will comply with privacy principles where appropriate.
Answering the telephone
We aim to answer calls within 10 seconds of the first ring. We will then connect you as quickly as possible with the person you need to speak to (this will be via details, not direct transfer).
Dealing with queries
We will respond to all queries, letters and emails within 3 working days of receiving them. If the matter is complex and needs more attention, we will contact you to explain the reason for the delay and, if possible, say when you should get a full response. If it involves a long investigation, we will inform you of the progress at least every 15 working days.
All our letters to members will be written in plain English and free of unexplained technical language. They will name a person and telephone number for you to contact.
RIM Professionals Australasia endeavours to get things right the first time. However, sometimes we don’t succeed. If you are not satisfied with something we have done, you have the right to complain. You can complain by phone, in person, in writing, via email or through the website.
Our complaints procedure is confidential. It has two stages to ensure that all complaints are dealt with fully and fairly.
All complaints should be sent to:
PO Box 276,
Stage 1: Your complaint
As the first step, the Branch responsible for the service will deal with your complaint. The Branch / CEO will acknowledge your complaint by telephone or letter within three (3) working days of receiving it. The Branch / CEO will issue a full reply within 10 working days. If this target cannot be met, you will be told of the delay, the reason for the delay, and when to expect a response. We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days.
Stage 2: What to do if your complaint has been investigated but you are still not satisfied
At this stage, the complaint will be dealt with by the Chief Executive Officer and the appropriate Director. Again, we will acknowledge your complaint within three (3) working days and aim to resolve it within ten (10) working days.
If you are still not satisfied, what can you do?
If your complaint has still not been settled to your satisfaction, the Chief Executive can refer you to mediation if applicable.
Listening to our members
To ensure that our standards meet our members’ requirements, we will always consider your views and opinions. As a member, you must have the opportunity to influence the decisions we make on your behalf.
To help us improve our services, we will take on board your views in several ways:
- Conduct a regular satisfaction survey and aim to keep satisfaction levels above 80%;
- Consider the findings from regular consultations with members of all our services, and act on these findings;
- Invite your comments on our service through various arenas;
- Distribute the charter to directors and Branches who as representatives of the Association will review our standards and provide feedback.
We want to make it easy for you to give us your views and concerns, and aim to make our services more responsive to your needs. If you are happy or unhappy with us or with our services, we want to hear about it.
Keeping you informed
We aim to ensure that we communicate with our members, and we will give you information in the following ways:
- Our magazine “IQ”, delivered 4 times a year to all corporate and individual members
- The RIM Professionals Australasia’s website – www.rimpa.com.au
- News releases to the media
- Our Corporate and Strategic Plans
- A range of information leaflets
- Events mailing list
- Events Calendar
- Newsletters – Branch and National
- Speaker / Event contacts