RIM Professionals Australasia provides a wide range of services including:
- Professional Development
- Specialised studies
- Workshops and field trips
- Product and Services Directory known as Marketplace
- Records and Archives Competency Standards
- Information Awareness Month (May annually)
- Career information
While seminars are usually offered during work hours, most branches schedule monthly meetings in the evening, allowing members to meet and exchange ideas, information and experience with personnel from both the private and public sectors. Speakers and workshop leaders are chosen for their subject knowledge and presentation skills.
Other services and activities include:
- Liaison with state education authorities on establishment, accreditation and conduct of records management courses.
- Submission and representations to the respective levels of government.
- Publication of educational literature, proceedings of past seminars and conventions. Members are encouraged to contribute their knowledge and experience to these publications (available in the Members Only section) to the further education of their colleagues.
- The associations quarterly magazine “IQ – The RIM Professionals Australasia Quarterly” the official journal of the Association, the Associations electronic annual iRMA (information and records management annual) and regular branch newsletters which aim to keep members up to date on RIM Professionals Australasia activities.
- The presentation of an annual convention including multiple streams, structured and unstructured networking, workshops, vendor sessions and a trade exhibition the convention is known as inForum